Social Responsability Policies
Sirio’s attention to social topics, medical research and prevention
Sirio offers catering services in an ethical manner. In all of Italy we commit not to negatively affect the value of people and the community, by following these strict rules:
- NOT selling or offering liquors and alcoholic beverages in bars or markets
- NOT selling pornographic material on any media or in any form;
- NOT installing or promoting gambling, such as through slot machines.
Sirio adds value to the territory, hiring local personnel for its point of sales, also with the goal to help lower unemployment rates in the area. For this reason, the Company works together and in a productive way with the unions and employment agencies of the territory.
With the adoption of a Code of Ethics and the Sa 8000 certification, in 2015 the Company achieved two major goals to regulate and promote responsible actions and continuous improvement. The company supports underprivileged people, committing to the integration of immigrant workers and including in its staff workers with psycho-physical disabilities or with difficulties. Particular attention is paid to those affected by Asperger’s syndrome.
Ethical and social initiatives
- The company has taken part in various successful initiatives:
- National Cancer Prevention Week;
- World No Tobacco Day;
- Pink Ribbon Campaign for the prevention of breast cancer;
- White Night for prevention;
- Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day;
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women;
- Citycibo: to donate excess food (with Caritas, Parishes and charity organisations);
- Food collections (with the Banco Alimentare Food Bank);
- Provision of spaces and corners by Associations (e.g. ANT, LILA, AIL, etc.), for fund raising and awareness raising;
- FAI Day.